The Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology exists to:
- Discover and understand the nature and behavior of cancers and hematologic diseases,
- Lead the application of scientific knowledge to the care of patients,
- Teach others about these diseases and the care of those who suffer from them, and
- Serve the community by providing health care of the highest quality.
Hematology and Medical Oncology will be a national leader in the development and delivery of fundamental new treatments that change patients’ lives.
- Excellence - our science, our service, and our stewardship will perform to their full potential
- Compassion - people depend on us who have great and diverse needs. We will always be mindful of their situation.
- Teamwork - together we can do more, learn more, and serve better than we can apart.
To view the 2009-2010 Department of Hematology & Medical Oncology Annual Report, click here.