Our goals for the 2011-12 academic year
- To organize a Green Card Workshop (around March, 2012)
We will invite a new lawyer to get a different
perspective. Also, we will have more personal perspectives from
several postdocs, including physicians. It is also possible
to setup sign-up sheets for assembling green card working
groups and asking for volunteer mentors to help them.
- Organize a postdoc outing trip to a nearby state park/hiking trail (early October, 2011).
This will be followed by gathering at a restaurant.
- Open a postdoc mailing list
This list will be separate from the Postdoc_SOM listserv)
and it will allow postdocs to post here for a more direct
and active communication. The list will be moderated
to subject the posts to approval. You can fully control
your subscription to this list.
- Invite more international postdocs from the region to our
mailing list and Facebook page.
- Prepare a flyer about IPC to be handed out at ISSP
orientations and international coffee hours. It can also be
displayed on the ISSP board.
- To prepare a list of contact postdocs for each country to
help out newcoming postdocs.
Would you like to volunteer to be the contact for your country?
- Organize discussion meetings or outings for postdocs to come
together and discuss their everyday dilemnas.
- Organize a ISSP Question & Answer Information Session
- Organize a Potluck Gathering for all the Postdoctoral Community.
We would appreciate you let us know your opinions about how we
do, how you like our goals and plans, if you would like to
contribute, or anything else that you think would be relevant
for the postdoctoral community at Emory.
Please send an email to one of these @emory.edu addresses: cgunay
(Cengiz Gunay), pjumbol (Patricia Lucioni), or lflowe3 (Lisa Flowers,
OPE Program Associate).
This document was last modified Tuesday, 21-May-2013 10:32:08 EDT
Copyright (c) 2010 Emory International Postdoc Committee.
Contact the webmaster @ cgunay AT emory.edu
for comments and suggestions.