Executive Associate Dean
Clinical Affairs, The Emory Clinic
The Emory Clinic
The Emory Clinic A
1365-A Clifton Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30322
Dr. Douglas C. Morris was born in Marietta, Georgia. He received his BA in Chemistry from Duke University and his MD degree from Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas. He did his internship and residencies at Vanderbilt University Hospitals in Nashville, Tennessee, and did his fellowship in cardiology at Emory University Hospitals.
Upon completion of his fellowship, Dr. Morris was appointed as an assistant professor in the Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology at Emory. In 1986, he was appointed Director of the Carlyle Fraser Heart Center at Crawford Long Hospital and in 1993, he was named Director of the Emory Heart Center at The Emory Clinic. In 1996, he was designated J. Willis Hurst Professor of Medicine and in 1999 was appointed Vice-Chair of the Department of Medicine of Emory University. He is presently Director of The Emory Clinic. He has been awarded “Outstanding Teacher” seven years in a row by his students and received the J. Willis Hurst Award for Excellence in Teaching in 1995 and 2000. Dr. Morris has been consistently named as one of Atlanta Magazine’s “Ten Best Doctors” in Cardiovascular Disease each year since 1999.
He has been a member of the American College of Physicians and the American College of Cardiology (ACC) since 1978, co-chairing the ACC Scientific Sessions in 1999. He is a member of the Rotary Club of Atlanta and an active member of St. Philips Episcopal Cathedral.