Skip Navigation

Faculty Transcript Request


What is the requirement?

Every School of Medicine faculty member must have on file in the Dean's Office either an original certified copy of his/her terminal degree transcript showing courses completed and grades earned, or acceptable substitute documentation if a transcript cannot be obtained.

Why are transcripts being collected for all School of Medicine faculty?

This is a University-wide requirement applicable to all Emory faculty and is needed to meet the accreditation standards of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), the University's accrediting body.

Where should I request that my school send my terminal degree transcript?

Transcripts should be sent to the address below, or arrange to have sent to your departmental HR rep:

Emory University School of Medicine
Att: Deanna Friday
Mailstop: 1020-004-1AJ
100 Woodruff Circle
Atlanta, GA 30322

What if I have more than one terminal degree?

We need a transcript for only one terminal degree program. If your faculty role is primarily clinical, you should provide the transcript for your terminal clinical degree (e.g., MD, DPT, PsyD). Otherwise, you should provide a transcript for any one of your terminal degrees relevant to your faculty role. Is a link to an eTranscript acceptable? Yes, if your school provides the link directly to Deanna.

Is a photocopy of an original transcript acceptable?

No, the transcript must be an original certified copy.

Must the transcript be delivered to the Dean's Office in the issuing school's original envelope with the seal unbroken?   

No, there's no expectation that the Dean's Office will receive the transcript in its original unsealed envelope. It's fine for you to provide just the transcript, without the envelope in which it came.

Is an emailed transcript acceptable?

Yes, if it is accompanied by the school's transmission email.  Please forward the school's transmission email (including attached transcript) as an email attachment to Deanna Friday at Alternatively, you could have your school email the transcript directly to

Is a link to an eTranscript acceptable?

Yes, if your school provides the link directly to Deanna Friday at

Do I need to provide a transcript for my Licensing Examination?

No, a transcript only for your terminal degree (e.g., MD, DO, PhD, DPT, PsyD, MBBS) you need to provide.

What if I attended a foreign school?

You can contact your school directly for a transcript or equivalent document showing courses completed and grades/marks earned or use an official transcript ordering service, such as the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) or Federation of State Medical Boards (FCVS), which provides documentation verifying your degree.

What if my transcript is in a language other than English?

You must provide a certified English translation.  This can be done by anyone (other than you) who is sufficiently proficient in the language and signs a notarized certification that the translation is complete and accurate.

Can I be reimbursed for the transcript fee my school charges?

If you were appointed to the School of Medicine faculty before January 2016, you are eligible to be reimbursed for your school's transcript fee, if any. (Many schools charge no fee.) You should submit the receipt to your departmental HR representative. Reimbursement is only available for the transcript fee. It is not available for courier charges, the cost of obtaining a certified translation if your transcript is in a language other than English, or any other associated costs.

What if I have a single original certified transcript from my foreign school but, because it's my only one, I don't want to give it to the School of Medicine—and it would be difficult for me to obtain another original from the school?

Please contact Deanna Friday at, or 404-727-3691 and arrange to bring to her the original transcript. She will photocopy the transcript, certify the copy and return the original to you. If necessary, this can be done while you wait.

What if my school doesn't provide transcripts? 

In that case, please submit an original diploma or letter of degree completion with a letter or email directly from your terminal degree school which explains the reason documentation cannot be obtained.

What if my school no longer exists?

Please provide any original documentation of your academic records (i.e. diploma, degree certificate, letter of degree completion) and documentation that the school no longer exists.

What if I have a question or problem not addressed above?

Please contact Deanna Friday at, or 404-727-3691; Zainab Wurie Harvey at, or 404-727-3407; or Josh Barwick at, or 404-712-9793. We are confident that no matter what your situation, we can work with you to resolve it.